Job Details - Offshore Scaffold Foreman
Offshore Scaffold Foreman
CNRI Tiffany Platform
Salamis Offshore Focal Point
BIS Salamis Onshore Focal Point and Project Manager
To operate as part of the Tiffany scaffolding team, providing all scaffold operations in line with current legislation & company procedures.
To provide efficient cost effective support of all platform services delivering against client and Salamis operational, commercial and HSEQ targets. Ensure compliance with competency and training requirements.
As BIS Salamis' offshore scaffolding foreman you may also assume the role of Offshore Focal Point on a "stand in" basis. This will involve all front-line management and supervision responsibilities for the safe, efficient and effective execution of all offshore work scopes, including the management of specialist 3rd party subcontractors. Ensuring that key interfaces between BIS Salamis and client's offshore management are developed and maintained to encourage effective working relationships and to provide efficient cost effective support for all platform services, ensure compliance with competency and training requirements.
Skills & Experience Required
Ideal candidates will be trained to advanced scaffolding level and have a minimum 5 years offshore experience, in a similar role.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate a proven track record in leading offshore scaffold teams within an offshore environment. The selected candidate must be able to demonstrate a sound knowledge of scaffolding legislation and company procedures along with scaffold inspection routines.
Applicants must have a broad knowledge of offshore safety systems / procedures and be able to clearly demonstrate safe behaviours that will contribute to the safety culture of the asset team.
The successful candidate will possess or be working towards recognised qualifications in the following:
Key Responsibilities/Principal Accountabilities include:
• As the BIS Salamis Scaffold Foreman you will be required to supervise all AD/HOC scaffold labour and provide performing authority duties in line with ISSOW (Permit to Work)
• Assist onshore project team in preparation of estimates by scoping identified work areas.
• Track all hours expended against all active PO's and report regularly to the BIS platform Representative
• In line with the Tiffany planner and onshore project team you will review the site (7 day) look ahead to identify forthcoming work scopes and assist with the planning of both plant/material and resource allocation;
• Liase with offshore BIS Salamis platform representative on a regular basis to update on the progress, produce reports and data as requested. Record and communicate work scope progress, productivity, operational difficulties and commercial implications including justified variations to the scope.
• Ensure effective cost control during all projects managing daily/weekly time writing as required ensuring correct cost code allocation of man hours. Play an active role in managing and controlling costs and take an active interest in budgets, PO's and the commercial aspects of the contract.
• Actively champion BIS Salamis competency system and annually appraise all Salamis personnel with technical support from relevant discipline representatives;
• Carryout honest and pro-active assessments on all personnel new to your site
• Communicate BIS Salamis goals and promote BIS Salamis services;
• Promote a high standard of workmanship ensuring all work scopes are executed and recorded in accordance with client and company QA/QC procedure specification
• Effectively track and maintain a register of BIS Salamis scaffold material and equipment on the site including inspection/certification control. Updated register to be emailed to onshore project team.
• Continually Promote safe working practices and safety awareness.
• Lead BIS Salamis's safety team meetings and advanced safety audits if required.
• Implement client and company procedure when safety and discipline standards are breached.
• Actively support the CNR SET card reporting programme
• Assist in the identification, review and assessment of discipline specific and general HS&E hazards/risks including Toolbox Talks, COSHH and manual handling.
• Assist in the complete of monthly HSEQ reports to project and HSEQ department
• Inform platform management and Project Manager of all incidents, accidents and near misses as they occur. Ensure all relevant documentation is completed and forwarded in a timely manner. Form part of the incident investigation team as and when required;
• Ensure all equipment is suitably packed and manifested for backload to BIS Salamis's warehouse in a timely manner on completion of relevant task.
• Liaising with onshore teams to prioritise outward shipments requested for the site
• Ensuring all materials arriving on site have correct documentation
• Update and control the asset scaffolding register - including issue of reports to requisitioner.
• Actively seek and help support the introduction of new initiatives and innovations on Tiffany to help drive further efficiencies or HSEQ improvements. Provide regular constructive feedback on such initiatives.
Personnel who feel they meet the above criteria should forward their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference number (031) in the subject.