Job Details - Specialist Cleaning Project Engineer
BIS Salamis a leading supplier of Industrial Services to the offshore Industry are seeking to recruit a Specialist Cleaning Project Engineer to be based at our Lowestoft office. Applicants for this position should have proven experience and knowledge of;
• HP / UHP Water Jetting
• Ionising Radiation Regulations
• Solid waste transfer and management
• Offshore shutdown and maintenance activities
• Confined Space working and regulations
• Chemical applications and cleaning methods
To act as the focal point for all Environmental / Specialist Cleaning work scopes and activities in support of the Operational Business Delivery Teams, associated with the implementation of maintenance, engineering and project support to ensure that all Client and Company's operational, commercial and HSEQ expectations and targets are met.
• Report to Business Delivery Manager or Project Manager.
• Client / Contract Representative(s) and onshore & offshore management teams and offshore company employees.
• Company support functions & teams.
• Plan and monitor the workscope budgets and costs;
• Manage and monitor the selection and requisition of all plant, equipment and materials on the contract;
• Optimise deployment and performance of human resources to achieve or exceed performance targets;
• Communicate progress and any operational difficulties and commercial implications to the customer;
• Manage negotiations with the Customer where any variations and changes to workscopes carry commercial implications;
• Communicate the progress, variations and costs of the workscope to the operations teams, customer and company management and suggest improvements and efficiencies.
• Plan operations in conjunction with client representatives;
• Communicate progress of operations through liaison with clients on a regular basis;
• Ensure that all client expectations are delivered;
• Follow up customer enquiries and demands promptly;
• Identify and react to shortfalls in customer service;
• Cultivate and develop good customer relations.
• Plan and monitor the requisition and expedition of all resource requirements including material, equipment and personnel (including subcontractor services);
• Liaise with the HR Team and platform team regarding resource requirements and mobilisation of personnel;
• Ensure co-ordination of shipments to worksite through logistics department.
Ops & Technical
• Good working knowledge of Environmental Services with preferably 5 years experience in work involving ionizing radiation, HP / UHP water jetting, solids and liquid transport systems; confined space working
• Oversee the planning of specific workscopes;
• Communicate team goals and promote high standards of workmanship and customer service;
• Manage all activities including those of sub-contractors;
• Monitor all activities to ensure compliance with relevant HSEQ Procedures, cost and schedule control;
• Provide technical support to offshore and onshore teams across all disciplines;
• Attend project kick-off meetings;
• Liaise with engineers to gain knowledge of future projects;
• Raise all work orders / job cards for offshore activities;
• Ensure that CTRs, project estimates, workscopes, & workpacks are completed in a timely manner;
• Ensure that the mobilisation of personnel, plant, equipment and materials are input into client's planning system;
• Work with estimating department to optimise tender values and specifications;
• Initiate contract files for all customer and project information.
• Understand the company safety policy requirements, ensuring at all times that the works are undertaken and maintained to the highest safety standards;
• Ensure that all operations are reviewed and planned to ensure compliance with company and legislative requirements;
• Promote safe working practices and safety awareness through implementation of the HSEQ Plan, safety campaigns, safety meetings and briefings;
• Ensure that all equipment and working practices are monitored to ensure compliance;
• Ensure that company procedures are implemented if safety procedures are breached;
• Ensure that all hazards are identified and assessed to mitigate risk exposure.
• Liaise with the HR Team to assist in the recruitment, induction and deployment of personnel;
• Undertake assessments of team members using appropriate standards of competence;
• Manage all aspects of Industrial Relations and discipline within the team.
• Attend all training and safety courses as requested by line manager or by the company.
Preferably from an Environmental / Specialist cleaning background
Able to lead and co-ordinate the team
Strong interpersonal skills and self management
Implement the management of change
Manage and control budgets
Management of customer service
Project management and planning
Personnel & Industrial Relations awareness
Selling and promoting the Company
Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality Management
Management and knowledge of technical fabric maintenance disciplines
This position is rewarded with a competitive staff remuneration package.
To apply please forward your CV clearly quoting the job title in the subject to email@example.com . The closing Date for applications is 30th May 2012.