Job Details - Architectural Project Engineer
Job Title - Architectural Project Engineer
Team - TSG
• To act as the focal point for all company activities associated with the implementation of maintenance, engineering and project support to ensure that all Client and Company's operational, commercial and HSEQ expectations and targets are met.
• Report to Business Delivery Manager or Project Manager.
• Client Contract Representative(s) and onshore & offshore management teams and offshore company employees.
• Company support functions & teams
• Plan and monitor the contract budgets and costs
• Manage and monitor the selection and requisition of all plant, equipment and materials on the contract
• Optimise deployment and performance of human resources to achieve or exceed performance targets
• Communicate progress and any operational difficulties and commercial implications to the customer
• Communicate the progress, variations and costs of the contract to the customer and company management and suggest improvements and efficiencies.
• Plan operations in conjunction with client representatives
• Communicate progress of operations through liaison with clients on a regular basis
• Ensure that all client expectations are delivered
• Follow up customer enquiries and demands promptly
• Identify and react to shortfalls in customer service
• Cultivate and develop good customer relations
• Plan, and monitor the requisition and expedition of all resource requirements including material, equipment and personnel (including subcontractor services).
Ops & Technical
• Design & Produce auto cad drawings when required
• Oversee the planning of the contract and specific workscopes
• Communicate team goals and promote high standards of workmanship and customer service
• Manage all activities including those of sub-contractors
• Monitor all activities to ensure compliance with relevant HSEQ Procedures, cost and schedule control
• Attend project kick-off meetings
• Raise all work orders / job cards for offshore activities
• Ensure that CTRs, project estimates, workscopes, & workpacks are completed in a timely manner
• Understand the company safety policy requirements, ensuring at all times the works are undertaken and maintained to the highest safety standards
• Ensure that all operations are reviewed and planned to ensure compliance with company and legislative requirements
• Promote safe working practices and safety awareness through implementation of the HSEQ Plan, safety campaigns, safety meetings and briefings
• Liaise with the HR Team to assist in the recruitment, induction and deployment of personnel
• Undertake assessments of team members using appropriate standards of competence
• Attends all training and safety courses as requested by line manager or by the company.
Preferably from core activity background
Lead and Co-ordinate the Team
Interpersonal Skills and Self Management
Project Management and Planning
Personnel and Industrial Relations Awareness
Selling and Promoting the Company
Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality Management
ABILITIES, SPECIAL APTITUDES:
• Sound knowledge of Project work
• Technical knowledge of Offshore Accommodation/Architectural requirements.
• Ability to design & produce Auto cad Drawings
• Planning, cost engineering
• Preferred Qualification in Project Management.
• Preferably possess experience in a similar role or a supervisory role
• Good organisational skills, customer & delivery focused, operational and commercial focus. Determined but non confrontational, confidence to effectively delegate / man-manage / present
• Good communication and listening skills
• Must be computer literate, preferably with experience in Word/ Excel/ CAD.
• Required to ensure that his / her responsibilities are discharged within desired timescales and support other company functions and locations
• Smart / formal appearance
• Effective communicator, polite but straight talking
• Positive attitude, approachable - personable manner
• Physically fit & be prepared to go offshore
• Must be a team player with leadership qualities, but also be self motivated
• Self starter & proactive
• Punctual / Reliable / Loyal / Committed / Trustworthy / Honest
• If you are interested in the vacancy please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Architectural Project Engineer" in the subject.